- History - LandRover
- Land Rover Engines
- Chassis Numbering
- Paint Codes
- Engine Oils
- Tips On Buying Landrovers
- MOT - History Checker
- HPI -Check
- Insurance Services
- Fuel Finder
- Land Rover T-Shirts
- Land Rover Gift Ideas
- Facebook - Social Media
- What is diesel bug?
- Category Insurance Write Off's A,B,C and D
- Off Road Driving Experience Days
- Shooting Experiences - UK
- Fishing Experience Days -UK
- Contact Us
Saturday, 23 May 2015
Land Rover Defender TD5 110 Crew Double Cab - Galvanised Chassis & Low Miles 51k
Originally a Land Rover Special Vehicles build for the military and served its time in the falkland as an officers car. On retiring to civvie streat 3 years ago it was rebuilt on a glavanised chassis.
Land Rover Defender TD5 110 Crew Double Cab - Galvenised Chassis & Low Miles 51k
This is a great 2001 TD5 110, I only bought it recently (couple of months ago) thinking that a crew cab would be the way forward. Unfortunatly for us the crew cab model just doesnt work for us (due to space) and we need a station wagon, but other than that it is still a reluctant sale.
It was originally a Land Rover Special Vehicles build for the military and served its time in the falkland as an officers car. On retiring to civvie streat 3 years ago it was rebuilt on a glavanised chassis.
As its stands today it benefits from the following....
- Genuine low milage at only 51,030 miles (speedo is in Km's reading 82,123.9)
- Rebult on a HD galvanised chassis 3 years ago
- All doors are the new TDCI steel doors with not a sign of rust, they are also far more solid than the old ones giving a better seal
- Modern TD5 dash
- TDCI Bonnet with contract black metalic fleck paint job (matches roof)
- New ECU (flashable)
- Central locking & alarm (2 sets of keys/fobs)
- Electric front windows
- 2" lift with galvanised shock turrets
- Galvanised swinging spare wheer carrier
- Galvanised front bumper
- Steering guard
- Front diff guard
- Rear quarter steps
- Rock/tree slider side step
- 18" Boost alloys in excellent condition
- Maxis Bravo 771 265/65 tyres with 10mm tread
- Tow bar with electrics
- Recent new clutch
- Front seats have the heating elements fitted but they are not wired in so would need switchs and wiring to work
- IFOR canopy mesh & perspex door - with matching external paint job
- load area wood lined
- Uprated headlamps (no problems seeing where you are going!)
- 8 months MOT (feb 2016)
- Comes with original landrover jack and spare number plate
Since I bought it I have...
- Changed the fuel filter (no problems, it just looked very old)
- Fitted a new centre cubby box
- Replaced speakers
Points to note...
- The polybushes squeak a bit
- Chequer plate on the wings could do with being repainted or replaced as they are peeling in few spots
- Load area could do with a clean up
- It lloks like the galvanised front bumper wasnt primed properly when painted with means the paint has flaked off in places
- It's a land rover and has been used although it does look far better than its age
Just to make it clear, the chassis, doors, bulkhead and body work are spotless with no dents or corrosion. It has not skipped a beat, when I recently drove it on a 300 miles journey and there was no sign of any problems, no over heating, it pulled well and sat with the traffic at 70+ and delivered power on the button when needing to overtake/pull away etc using no water or oil and has driven well.
It has been a really hard decison to come to but one I have to sadly make, I need a station wagon.
I had intended to drop it down to standard height and have a full 'new take off' suspension set including anti roll bars and steering dampener up sitting in my garage (taken off and brand new 110 that was having a lift). If someone wanted this I would throw it in if it went for the asking price or close to, if not make an offer.
Notes for bidding & buying
- Please do come and look
- Bidders must have a min of 10 good feedback otherwise please contact me in advance
- Test drives welcome if you can prove insurance otherwise I am happy to take you out on a drive
- I am happy to deliver it but you would need to contact me for a quote
- I can pick up at the local airport (bristol) or train station if needed to help with collection
- I am in Weston-super-Mare 15min walk from the train station
- Payment is via a paypal deposit of £250 at the end of the auction (I will message my email address) and then cash on collection (no cheques, bank transfers or other methods) within 5 days
- I have set a reserve but it is fair whack below the buy it now of £10k
I think thats it but do give me a shout using the 'ask a question' link at the bottom of the listing if you have any questions