- History - LandRover
- Land Rover Engines
- Chassis Numbering
- Paint Codes
- Engine Oils
- Tips On Buying Landrovers
- MOT - History Checker
- HPI -Check
- Insurance Services
- Fuel Finder
- Land Rover T-Shirts
- Land Rover Gift Ideas
- Facebook - Social Media
- What is diesel bug?
- Category Insurance Write Off's A,B,C and D
- Off Road Driving Experience Days
- Shooting Experiences - UK
- Fishing Experience Days -UK
- Contact Us
Wednesday, 12 August 2015
Land Rover Series 3 SWB 3.5L V8 Soft Top with MOT - For Sale £2400 ONO
I have decided to sell my 1977 Land Rover Series 3 SWB 3.5L V8 Soft Top in very good condition with SU carbs. The Landy sounds great and does turn heads. My partner and I are expecting our first child in a few months time hence the reason why I'm selling otherwise I wouldn't. I believe it will be road tax exempt in two years. The Landy started off with a 2.25l petrol engine but that got replaced with a V8. The log book still shows 2.25l. It has a new MOT to July 2016. I did do some mechanical work to get it through the MOT. All electrics work (I.e. Lights, indicators, cluster/dash instruments, air horns, wipers, wiper jet spray). It's kept in a garage and is pretty clean and straight for its age with minimal corrosion. Chassis is very solid and been wax oiled. The rear cross member has had a patch welded in the past. The paint work is not too bad and is in black.
2WD and 4WD all work with free wheeling hubs.
- Exmoor dark green tilt canvas/hood with rear plastic window in very good condition. Only slight fading to the colour.
- AVM free wheeling hubs.
- Galvanised good sticks.
- Strong 3.5L V8 engine. Engine code 24Gxxxxxx.
- Engine was rebuilt by previous owner. It was stripped, cleaned, painted, bores honed, new main bearing fitted, new piston rings, valves ground, composite head gaskets fitted, carbs overhauled, new coil & distributor.
- Fresh Engine oil.
- Chassis wax oiled.
- Oil Filter relocation kit.
- Reconditioned alternator with new parts fitted.
- New fan belt.
- New custom exhaust.
- Mountney steering wheel and boss.
- Radiator in good condition.
- New 15lbs (15psi) V8 Radiator Cap.
- New coolant overflow hose.
- Electric fan (with thermostat but I've run the fan permanently).
- New Britpart rear springs.
- New brake lines, brake shoes & slave cylinders.
- SU Carbs.
- chequered tub and foot wells.
- Exmoor trim seats in good condition. No rips or tears.
- Roll cage painted in a rust proof protective coating. Structurally fitted and welded to chassis correctly.
- Seat belts all round - front and at the back.
- New front prop shaft.
- Range Rover diffs.
- New HD battery and tray.
- Tow bar.
- New door tops.
- Fog light.
- Aftermarket air filters.
- Air horns.
- New thermostat.
- New wiper washer jet nozzles.
- New wiper blades.
- Fitted an overflow bottle for enhanced cooling.
- Used BF Goodrich AT tyres on new 16' Modular wheels (tyres have cracking but hold air).
- I will throw in 5x off road tyres on Weller wheels.
- I will also throw in 4x part worn BF Goodrich tyres with good tread.
- Also will include a spare bonnet with wheel holder/carrier.
- Recent cooling system flushed, rad cleaned and clean/new coolant added. No overheating.
The hood is currently off the truck due to the nice weather and that it won't fit in my garage when fitted to the truck. You will need a big van to collect the wheels and other bits.
Landy is ready to drive away but I haven't done any long journeys in it. Longest was 40 miles without issues.
I also balanced the air flow of the SU carbs however they might need a further tuning but it never bothered me and it passed the emissions test for MOT.
For the boring bits now. Please only bid if you have the funds. I require a deposit of £150 to be paid immediately by PayPal once auction ends and the remaining cash on collection. I'm not interested in any part exchanges or swaps. Those with less than 10 positive feedback to contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled.
I would recommend you view prior to bidding so you know what you are getting. You are bidding to buy the vehicle and not view or haggle the price with me upon viewing.
Sold as seen and no returns.
Timewasters will be reported.
The Landy is advertised elsewhere so I may remove the listing of sold.