As you can see my Defender has had a complete nut and bolt restoration.
The spec is as follows
2002 Defender 90 fitted with the last Land Rover engine designed for the Defender the Legendary 5 cylinder TD5 15P engine. These later engine's do not suffer from the head issues of the earlier 10P engines, or dowel issues of the earlier 10P engines.
The vehicle is truly outstanding a and is a matching number vehicle that has been lovingly restored to a very high standard. The Base for the restoration was a two owner vehicle (Ex Demo plus one) that has covered just 95500 miles.
The vehicle was stripped and the Chassis was shown to be in fantastic condition, the chassis was washed and treated to kill any salt, then the surface rust was treated and the whole chassis was treated to Rust Control Primer (by Buzzweld), before been painted in All in One Chassis Paint (by Buzzweld), I then had the whole underside sprayed with Dinatrol wax. The fuel tank cradle was galvanized, then washed in Mordant Solution, before been etch primed then painted black to look factory fresh.
2002 Land Rover Defender 90 TD5 15P engine which has had the EGR valve deleted, uprated intercooler, along with Samco Intercooler hoses and the injectors seals and loom have all been replaced with Genuine Land Rover parts, I also replaced the Radiator with you guessed it a Genuine Land Rover one. The ECU has been remapped and a straight through exhaust fitted she has had a stage 2 tune and is currently running at 175 BHP.
R380 5 speed Manual gearbox fitted with the Slick Shift (Short Shift), i also fitted a new Clutch and Dual Mass Flywheel. New Genuine Land Rover clutch master cylinder was fitted along with new pedal box fitted with the 300 TDI and Puma TDCI clutch spring makes for a lighter clutch pedal.
In regards to the suspension the vehicle is fitted with New Bilstein B6 Shocks and Steering Damper, these have been mated to Eibach Lowering Springs and complement the Eibach rear anti-roll bar. Supapro bushes have been fitted throughout. The ride is not hard or bouncy like the cheaper lowering kits. The vehicle then had four new Genuine Land Rover AP Racing Brake Calipers fitted, the fronts been vented. The brakes are upgraded to Brembo Discs all round and mated to EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads. The brake pipes where upgraded to Kunifer pipes along with Marine grade Stainless Steel unions then I used Goodridge stainless steel braided hoses. The Brake Servo was also changed for a new one from Land Rover.
Moving onto the bodywork, I wanted to keep it looking original looking with a modern twist.
The main body of the vehicle was painted in Aintree Green Mica Metallic (Genuine Land Rover Colour). The roof and wheel arch spats are painted a Santorini Black Metallic (Genuine Land Rover Colour).
The vehicle was painted not only on the outside, but also the inside, so was a complete colour change. This was done to a very high standard and cost £4500.
The following body panels have been fitted or replaced.
1) Rear Body was sourced from a 2016MY Defender so no corrosion, I removed all the body cappings and painted behind them and re-fitted them (Land Rover don't do this at the Factory this is why the cappings corrode. The body supports have been replaced with galvanized support stays.
2) New Genuine Puma Bonnet
3) Complete set of one piece steel doors (Late TD5/Puma Doors) with New Genuine Land Rover Door Hinges and new Genuine Land Rover Door Seals fitted
4) New Genuine Land Rover Sills
5) 2013 onwards rear door handle with holes in the handle
6) Alloy door handles and matching alloy fuel cap (Autobiography style from a UK company named Croytec)
7) Late Puma Front Wings complete with late TD5/Puma plastic inner wheel arches
8) Late Puma Hardtop Sides
9) Been a late TD5 it already has the later style roof with the ridges
10) New genuine Aircon grill surround fitted with the Zunsport Stainless Steel mesh grill and lower grill finished in black.
11) Full Set of Optimill Stainless Steel wing vents finished in Black
12) Genuine Land Rover NAS LED Front and Rear lights by Perei as fitted to the Autobiography, Adventure and SVX Limited Edition Defenders.
13) I also added a Rear LED Number plate light and LED high level brake light
14)Nakatenga stainless steel bolt kit with Nylon washes used on the back body to prevent corrosion from the stainless steel and the alloy of the body.
15) Bosch Aero windscreen wipers
16) New Heated windscreen
17) Stainless Steel Bulkhead Air vent flap bolts
18) Brand New Cibe Headlights with Osram Night breaker bulbs
19) Genuine Land Rover Windscreen Surround frame with New Genuine Land Rover Windscreen Blockers
19) 5x New 18x8 Land Rover Sawtooth style Alloy wheels, finished in Gloss Black complete with Black/Silver Land Rover badges with new BFGOODRICH KO2 265/65/18 All-Terrain tyres.
20) Genuine Land Rover NAS style rear step
21) Genuine Land Rover Series 3 Light surrounds for the retro vibe
22) Genuine Land Rover Door and Roof Seals fitted
23) Puma ignition key x 2 (Land Rover badge incorporated into the key fob)
24) The Bulkhead was removed stripped down and found to be in amazing condition, with no repairs needed. The bulkhead was then painted with Buzzweld's Rust Control Primer, before the lower half (to the bonnet line) was RAPTOR protective paint (Pickup spray on liner) that was tinted with Aintree Green, this not only protects the panels from corrosion, but also acts at reducing intrusive Engine and transmission noise.The seat box was dismantled and along with the Floors, inside of the wings, inside the doors and the bonnet were again all painted with Rust Control Primer and finished in Aintree Green tinted Raptor paint.
25) Gwyn Lewis 4X4 mud guards have been fitted to the underside of the rear body to prevent the mud from collecting on top of the rear cross member along with Gwyn Lewis front mudflap relocation brackets (This prevents mud and pebble dash going up the side of the vehicle and damaging the paint)
26) Brand New Genuine Land Rover front bumper fitted with Genuine Land Rover Rubber bumper corners fitted.
27) Custom made Alloy front steering guard which incorporates the towing eyes in Black.
28) New Genuine Land Rover Mirror Arms and Mirrors fitted which have been colour coded in Aintree Green
29) Genuine Land Rover Puma - Defender Bonnet Decal finished in Gloss Black still to be fitted.
High grade stainless steel nuts, bolts, spring washers, screws etc, have been fitted throughout this build complete, which have been greased and fitted correctly.
1) A pair of Genuine Recaro Trendline seats were sourced and fitted these are Dark Grey/Black with green centres these complement the exterior very well.
2) Momo Nero Leather/Alcantara Steering wheel
3)Genuine 50th anniversary R380 Alloy gear knob and High/Low Range Knob fitted
along with Genuine Autobiography Alloy lock pins and alloy door release handles
4) Alloy grab handles with Defender embossed into them.
5) Black PUMA door cards x 3 with storage net in the rear as seen on the station wagon
6) X-Trouser Door Strikers
7) Alpine CDE-195BT Head unit fitted to the Alpine SW-1200 Active Sub, Rockford Fosgate T1T-S Tweeters and 4x Old Skool Pioneer TS-V10 4 inch speaker. Sounds amazing (Video Avalible)
8) Fully insulated inside with Silvercoat sound deadening
9) Rear Sides are boarded out and carpeted
10) Genuine Land Rover Rubber Load Area Mat fitted.
11) Full Land Rover County roof lining fitted.
12) I did fit the Landrezieger heater kit and it's fantastic! Works really well with 100% proportional control over the fan speed. It makes it so much easier to get comfortable.
13) Standard County spec (Electric windows and Central locking)
14) Heated rear and front windscreen
15) Been a 15P TD5 the vehicle benefits from the later TD5 dashboard
All in all a truly sorted spec for what must be one of the most iconic motoring vehicles to have ever graced this earth. I've done my bit, now its your turn to start your own adventure.