This is a listing for Squid; a 1996 Landover Defender 110 300TDI 3 Door with a solid chassis and a brand new galvanised bulkhead. 11 months MOT.
Squid started life as commercial vehicle for a power company. She was released into the wild in 2007 and then changed hands again in 2009. This owner (to the best of my knowledge) rebuilt her (1000’s in receipts) and took her adventuring around morocco. During this ownership she received the overhaul to her gearbox/ drive train.
She changed hands again in the early 2010’s when she was converted into an all-terrain rugged camping/tourer. The back of her was stripped out and a sleeping platform, fridge, stove, solar panels (and requisite electronics installed), storage lockers, insulation fitted and awnings fitted. In this guise she enjoyed various trips around the Uk and Europe at festivals and overnight stays. It was at this time I her life that she had the Turner Engineering LDF500180 Performance 300TDI Cylinder Head fitted.
In 2018 she came into my ownership and the care and attention to her has continued. In the past 3 years she has received new exhaust, brakes (pads and rotors), alternator, various belts, bulbs and various other items to keep her running smoothly. The decision was made last year to have bulk head replaced. A new galvanised bulkhead was fabricated and fitted along with a brand new set of side lockers (informed that last in stock at the time and any new ones would have to be custom built). She had enjoyed various trips up and down the country to festivals, leafy lanes of wales and overnight stays.
She has been well looked after mechanically with some well thought out touches making life that little bit easier. Would not hesitate to drive her to Scotland tomorrow; happily sit at 60/65 on a long run. She handles likes a champ and has never let me down. Ring binder full of receipts and various invoices of work carried out over the years. She has an MOT until April 2022.
She is sold as seen so would highly recommend coming to view/test drive (proof of insurance otherwise I can take you out in her). Any inspection welcome as. I am sure there are parts/things I have missed. I will do my best to answer any questions/queries about her. I work Long shifts ( 12.5 hours) so I have a fair bit of flexibility with regards to viewing but please appreciate some days just won’t be viable and I may not reply straight away. She is located in Devon.
- Photonic Universe Dual battery Solar Controller
- K&N Air filter
- 3 Inch Lift Kit
- Lt230 Transfer Box
- R38 Gearbox
- Front Diff Replaced
- Defender 300Tdi Galvanised Bulk Head Fitted
- New Side Lockers ( last set in stock)
- Blaupunkt Melbourne 120 Stereo ( Radio, AUX and USB input)
- Hi Lift jack
- Light Force Spot/head lights
- Turner Engineering LDF500180 Performance 300TDI Cylinder Head/ head gasket
- Sump Guard
- Tuff Trek Polygon Awning
- Custom Fabricated Aluminium Roof Boxes x3
- Full length roof Rack
- Uprated Turbo
- Uprated Cooling System with silicone hoses
- Bike Rack
- Travel Fridge Running off leisure battery
- Internal lighting
- Sleeping platform for 2
- Storage with VW Roll down Shutters
- Insulated and lined with recycled bamboo
- Extra security Inc locks and tracker
- Removable third front seat/centre console
- Recently replaced exhaust, brakes (pads and rotors), alternator, various belts, bulbs, indicator stalk
- Galvanised window protection and rear step
- CB radio
- Replaced Glove box, steering wheel, sun visors
- Front and rear mud guards