Ready for a Safari or camping or going just about anywhere in classic (albeit faded) style? Or do you simply want a weekend tootle and tinker vehicle? Or are you looking for a great base car ready to take to the next level of resto? Then look no further, here it is! Tax free classic so it costs virtually nothing to have it on your driveway each year as you play.
For sale is our very straight and honest 109 11/12 seater station wagon. Unlike many others this has not been upgraded as far as I am aware other than a recent insertion of the 2.5 NA Diesel motor that runs beautifully and pulls uphill in all gears (rare) and a Ken Lowe fan to give it the space it needs (and excellent hot weather performance if you are going to Morocco a la the Marrakesh Express...).
- Chassis is in excellent repaired condition (could do with a paint and waxoyl to keep it so)
- Bulkhead in excellent condition.
- Full galavanised Brownchurch Expedition roofrack and ladder.
- Comes with both center front seat and cubby.
- It comes with a second complete set of wheels with essentially new tyres, jack and wheel brace.
- It has a new radiator and Ken Lowe fan.
- Free Wheeling hubs.
- Brand new tan seat belts in front (have belts and brackets for rear forward facing seats if required)
- One year old heavy duty battery.
- I also have a box full of new window and door seals ready to go in after deciding if to paint or not.
- Originally Limestone in colour it has been painted a satin green by a previous owner. Admittedly it is not the best paint job in the world but it has an excellent patina and can stay as is for the greenlaner. Alternatively as the panels are so straight it could be brought really up to the next level quite easily with a new paintjob. Small dings and holes here and there as expected for age.
It is not without its faults being a 43 year old car but that is its charm. We bought it as a family car that we could go exploring and not worry about the kids enjoying it too. All the issues are easily fixed for those fussed and include:
- The rear floor and door are both overlaid with aluminium checkerplate.
- Dash cracked.
- Driver's side windscreen panel edges are fogged (but still legal- is the only advisory on latest MOT). Don't notice it driving but visible. (Only haven't replaced as couldn't decide whether to shell out for a heated glass or not.)
- Side window runners could do with replacing (get the Series 2/3 club plastic ones, they are great or renew with original brushstyle)
- The door rubbers (included) should be put on to help seal her up from wind, rain and noise.
- Doors are good but ready for a little tidying at their bottom frames before they get out of hand.
- Odometer says 22758. I have no idea whether that is accurate or not!
It is noisy, breezy, has the classic Landy lean but gets great comments wherever she goes and looks the part. It is a work in progress (as they will always be) but definitely drivable and on the road now. I took it to a car boot sale to get rid of other stuff on the weekend and she carried a huge load with seats folded back and on roof rack. Performed faultlessly and received a huge amount of interest and a few offers.Buy and drive home or, well, anywhere.
Oh, and it has a second fuel tank in the wheelwell compartment in the rear for those longer journeys or as a spare.
Comes with one years MOT (already in place).