- New brakes all round - including replacement of brake cables
- New exhaust system
- New clutch
- New drive shaft
- New (refurbished) gear box
- New switches & bonnet lever - works a treat!
- New battery and starter motor
- New pedals (mechanisms)
- Full welding work completed on areas where a cheaper person might plate it (you know what I mean if I say this!)
- Solid bulkhead (and fully checked again during service)
- Full service completed by a local landrover specialist. Service receipts from 1992-2018
- MOT'd until October 2019
- Lovely black chequer-plating (not that nasty silver stuff - again isn't hiding anything awful, the bonnet isn't about to fall off as I found with one I looked at years ago!)
- Solid roofbox - extremely reliable - we've carried 10 peoples kit on holiday before!
- CD player with radio - works well (but if you really want amazing sound I'd upgrade the internal with a new kit)
- 2 x USB chargers in the back - 1 on each side for power-hungry teenagers!
- Need new rubber foot rest for passenger-side footplate
- Needs some touching up on the black paint and the odd patch of rust (literally tiny dots here or there). If you want her to look absolutely stunning I would also consider a full paint job or wrap - doesn't need it but depends if you want to polish her all day!
- Doors will need replacing as usual - again another project I didn't get round to yet - all work a treat however have rusted bottoms
- Side door seals will need replacing if you want perfection - £20 job with glue
- Under-side has been regularly wax-oiled except for 2018 as I had major work redone. Doesn't cost the earth but does ensure longer life if you're keen
- Sunroof does not leak - fitted and works well - another source of ventilation in the hot summers!
- Both bonnet vents work perfectly
- Heating element works but could do with fan replacement to make more efficient(one thing I didn't get round to in 2018)
- Tyres are BF Goodrich on Modular Steels - LOADS of tread and not used offroad or green-laning. Spare has never been used
- Original manual from 1992 - still in the back, also have a jack in the back. Tools are held in the drivers storage compartment (under the drivers seat)
- "One of the cleanest landy's we've seen of its age" - comments from Land Rover specialist
- History - LandRover
- Land Rover Engines
- Chassis Numbering
- Paint Codes
- Engine Oils
- Tips On Buying Landrovers
- MOT - History Checker
- HPI -Check
- Insurance Services
- Fuel Finder
- Land Rover T-Shirts
- Land Rover Gift Ideas
- Facebook - Social Media
- What is diesel bug?
- Category Insurance Write Off's A,B,C and D
- Off Road Driving Experience Days
- Shooting Experiences - UK
- Fishing Experience Days -UK
- Contact Us
Monday, 7 January 2019
1992 Landrover Defender 110 2.5TD County Station Wagon FSH MOT & Serviced!
Sellers Comments -
This is a 27 year old landy in good condition that HASN'T been trashed and bashed all over quarries - it's a wonderful family vehicle and has been extremely well looked after
Some of the list of extensive purchases and parts - all kept as original as possible