This Land Rover Defender has been progressively up-graded over the past few years.
It was originally a military vehicle (1987) so really was a Defender of the realm! Military registration number 52-KG-30 served with 14 Signals, 237 Squadron who were an electronic counter measures unit supporting 20th Armoured Brigade. I’ve recently added a 20th Armoured decal as a nod to it’s history.
The odometer currently reads 144905 miles but most parts have been changed including the engine so this is pretty irrelevant.
It was MOT’d on 11/8/2021 (144,820 miles) Passed with no advice.
The normally aspirated 2.5 diesel engine was replaced with a, pretty much bomb proof, 300tdi before my ownership.
Below is a list of the work That’s recently been done. It was a long term project. Everything that has been done has been to the highest standard and as can be imagined cost a ‘lot’ of money !
Exterior and Engine bay.
• Checker plate to wing tops and rear quarter panels
• NA Spec LED lights (all)
• Crystal headlight units
• Rear LED flood lamp
• Steel rock slider sills
• ManTec swing away spare wheel carrier
• ‘Dixon Bate’ tow hitch
• Rear step
• Military front bumper, front steering guard and rear diff guard
• Snorkel and engine bay connection to air cleaner (needs fitting)
• Silicone pipes to radiator and intercooler – ‘Flat Dog’
• External bodywork re painted Land Rover Keswick Green (2014)
• Genuine Land Rover Aluminium wheels and spacers.
• Protective ‘Waxyoil’ (type) under body protection.
• New Rear Side Windows and seals.
• Original Driver and passenger seats rebuilt and recovered (Exmoor trim kit)
• Seat risers
• Centre dash console – ‘Raptor’
• Vintage (RAF) push button engine start
• Leather covering to existing dashboard elements
• ‘QT’ Leather covered steering wheel
• ‘TTI’ CB unit with external aerial (currently not working as I removed the aerial)
• ‘Sony’ DAB radio and external aerial
• Sound proofing – Noise Killer , La Salle and Dynamat
• Carpeting and rubber matting - Exmoor Trim’
• La Salle Head fibreglass linings and interior trim.
• Steering wheel lock (removable)
Heating system upgraded
Braking system mostly replaced.