I’ve owned the Defender for a short while now and a lot of work has been undertaken whilst in my ownership.
It comes with 2 Sets of Keys both with Remote Central Locking Fobs, A file of History and invoice’s and MOT until July 2021 and is ready to enjoy with only 107800 miles on the clock! This is not any sort of Project! like a lot of “Rough and Ready” Off Road Capable Defenders.
I set my sights on building an all round good fun, Daily driving adventure Truck. I believe I have now archived my goal and it has gotten to the point now that I don’t want to even get it dirty so to really appreciate the Trucks full potential A new owner is what is needed. I have invested way more time and money into it then my wife needs to know about.
This is (in my opinion based on research of the current market) The Best Spec 90 available for less than £25,000! That being said I’m a big believer in something only being worth what someone else is willing to pay and as there isn’t another like this for sale ANYWHERE! I don’t know what it should be valued at, Hence a 99p No Reserve Auction. It’s a risk on my part but really the only way to find it’s worth.
The spec list is a as follows (from ground up):
- 2x Sets of Keys with Remote Central Locking Fobs
- 5X Insta Turbo all terrain tyres.
- Powder coated Black 16” Freestyle alloys with hand painted orange Center cap badges.
- 2” lift Super Gaz lifted springs
- 2” Super Gaz Shock Absorbers
- Adrenaline 4x4 10mm Heavy Duty Double Cranked Rear Trailing Arms with SuperPro Polybushes
- Adrenaline 4x4 3 degree 44mm Castor Corrected Front Radius arms with SuperPro Polybushes
- Adrenaline 4x4 Rose jointed Hi-Flex Adjustable Tubular rear A- Frame
- Terrafirma Heavy Duty Steering/Track Rods
- Terrafirma Heavy Duty Sprung Return to Centre Steering Damper
- 300 TDI Front Axle
- 300 TDI Rear Axle
- LT77 Gear Box
- LT230 1.4 Ratio Transfer Box
- Heavy Duty Diff Guards
- Heavy Duty Fuel Tank Guard
- Heavy Duty Steering arm Guard
- Goodridge Braided Brake Hoses
- Terrafirma Heavy Duty Tubular Shock Turret
- Terrafirma Heavy Duty Box and Tubular Rock Sliders
- FirstFour Remote 3 Tonne Recovery Front Winch
- Shadow Tubular Winch Bumper with Winch Rollers
- 200 Tdi Engine
- Alli Sport Performance Intercooler
- New Radiator
- Electric Fan
- SPF Silicone and Stainless Boost Hoses/Pipes
- TD5 Air Box
- K&N Panel Filter
- Safari Snorkel
- DEFENDER Emblem Door Handles (hand painted orange emblem)
- Full Lower Section Gloss Black Chequer Plate
- Full Rear Door Chequer plate
- Genuine Rage Body Sliders
- Full Wipac LED Indicators, Brake lights, Reverse light, Fog light and Number plate light.
- Genuine UK Xenon Headlights with LED Halo DRL’s/ Indicators.
- Full Gloss Black Grill and Light Surrounds
- Wing and Bonnet Top Chequer Plate
- 4x Roof Mount Spot lights
- 2x 7” Front Bumper Mounted Spot lights
Inside spec is as follows
- Full Underlay and High Quality Black Carpet (Self Made)
- Newer Style Seats
- Newer Style Dash
- Polished Bezel Dials
- Brand New Touchscreen Bluetooth Media Player with Remote
- Exterior Rear View Camera
- Front Dash Mounted Action Camera (GoPro Type)
- 2 Front and 2 Rear Speakers
- Lego Vent Handles
- Anderson Battery Hook Up With Genuine Anderson Extra Long 25mm Jump Leads (no need to remove a seat base just plug in to Jump Start)
- Battery Kill Switches
- SkyTag Vehicle Tracker (record holders in vehicle recovery)
- Remote Central Locking
- Full Suede Trimmed Roof (Black) and Front Screen Trims
- Insulated Rear Sides
- Suede Trimmed Side Boards (Grey)
- Carpeted Wheel Arches
- Folding Side Facing Rear Bench Seats (Dyed Dark Grey) with Seat Belts
- Hard Waring Laminate Floor (with underlay)
- Fully Custom Stow Away Table with Cup Holders (stores behind rear bulkhead)
- Suede Boarded Rear Door Cover
I’m sure I will have missed and forgotten some things but Im sure you’ll agree it’s quite a comprehensive spec list.
Along with a lengthy spec list there have been other works carried out to help improve the Reliability and Drivability.
The Defender has had some Tuning to the Fuel Pump and Turbo Wastegate complimented by the Alisport intercooler and K&N air filter for extra Torque and more up to date road speed.
The Water pump and Thermostat has been renewed and a full system flush has been carried out.
New glow plugs and wiring have been fitted and a full engine service carried out.
There is a full file of previous works and invoices including a Rebuilt 1.410 ratio Transfer Box, and new Clutch along with Accelerator Cable and a few other parts less than 5000 miles ago costing over £2300.
The Tracker itself has also just been serviced with a new battery and GPS Card, The new owners details can be added with just a quick call to SkyTag, These Trackers are one of very few that police have location access too to help retrieve the vehicle, They also offer Live Tracking for you to View and a Boundary can be set up so you get an alert if the vehicle moves past this. Great for if you’ve left it with someone whilst you’re away etc.
I’m quite picky as I’m used to Show car Life and not really into Off Roaders usually but The engine bay is not as tidy as I’d like, the underside of the bonnet has some flakey paint and generally I find it abit messy looking. The body has a few dents/scratches, The bottom inside of the door has abit of rust (can’t see it unless your under it with the door open and looking) but does come with a spare rear door I’d planned on painting black. The paint has had a few touch ups where it’s chipped also just to keep it clean looking.
I’ve only ever used the Land Rover on the road as I don’t like to get it dirty, a shame really considering it has quite a few competition parts.
The brake discs have become slightly pitted due to a lack of use.
This is a great all round Truck as it can be used for taking the kids picnicking in the picturesque Yorkshire Dales or Off Roading with the guys on a weekend and being a usable work hoarse in the week.
Expenses are also lower with this Land Rover as it benefits from classic vehicle insurance (costs me age 28 £220 a year with 0 No claims Bonus) and in 5 short years it will also become Tax Exempt.
All the problems usually found with the Older Defenders or 90’s if you prefer have been ironed out with this one.
The Chassis is Solid and has had the usual rust spots replaced including a full new rear section.
The Usually rusty Bulkhead has also been replaced previously so that’s solid too.
The lazy older engine has been replaced with a Tuned discover 2.5 200TDI
All the steering and suspension components have been Uprated, Renewed with newer model parts or Replaced.
I have recently picked up a chip in the windshield but most insurance company’s now cover this for free. This can’t be seen from the drivers seat as it is in front of the GoPro style action camera, I will throw this in with the Truck also as I’m sure the new owner will have more use for it than me.
I could go on for days talking about this Land Rover but I think you get the point. This has been built with passion and without any expense spared but unfortunately I just won’t use it to its full potential and so it’s just sat brightening up my house and occasionally picking up the kids and shopping.
I’m not really looking to replace it but I would consider a much cheaper p/x preferably something retro or even a project.
I don’t know what to ask for it or what it owes me (I don’t want to know) but I am open to offers but I do not have a buy it now price.
I would recommend serious bidders to view as once the auction ends I will not be reducing the price because it wasn’t looked at first or because you had to travel and would like some fuel money off. But if your confident you like it without viewing that’s up to you to decide.
Please bare in mind this is a 34 year old Land Rover, It’s Noisy, It rattles and Drives like a Land Rover but for its age is in really great shape.
I have the right to end the Auction early as i said I am open to offers so I wouldn’t plan waiting until the last few seconds to make a bid as you might of missed it already unless the offers received are close to the bid price, in this case the Auction will be left to run to its end. I will not end the auction in the first 4 days.